Friday, March 17, 2006

Never Mind Me

Up until today I have never been a fan of Big and Rich.I did like their first hit because of the Native American theme but I was disappointed with "Save A Horse,ride A Cowboy" and"Coming To Your City".Neither of these are country;and ghetto pronunciation of words like city,etc just do not fit in with country music.Today I was pleasantly surprised when I heard  their "Never Mind Me" on the Today Show.Its a good country pop ballad and sounds great. I loved it and I hope Big and Rich do more music like this.And if they are going to do more hard hitting rocking country I wish they would dispense with the phony ghetto speak.

If you say you are country than be country even if you rock the roof off  like Bocephus or Charlie Daniels do!They remain country.And like Big and Rich, another member of their "Music Mafia" Gretchen Wilson can really hit the heart with her country ballads.That woman can sing any style of country from rocking country to tear in your bear style.To sum it all up,this former anti Big and Rich reporter has become a new fan!

No comments: