Monday, September 8, 2008

Breaking News From The CBR

I have just received a press release from the CBR which states that The CBR has postponed the Tuff Hedeman Mississippi Shootout which was scheduled for this coming Friday,Sept.12th.in Biloxi,MS.The reason for this is the threat of Hurricane Ike hitting along the Gulf Coast. The event organizers vcurrently are working with the Mississippi Coast Coliseum  to reschedule the event.Like New Orleans,Biloxi is often hit bad when a Hurricane  approaches the area; and the CBR felt with the threat of Biloxi getting hit  tha tthere is no other decision then to postpone this event.I have kept a close eye on The Weather Channel about the storm and it might strengthen.Even if it doesn't the impact would be like Gustav and call for evacuation of Biloxi.

The CBR's next event will be the Budlight Bull Bash Tour 2008 in Longview ,TX on Sept. 20th.I went to that last year and it was a great event.A word to the wise-take a jacket along for although it might be 90 or more in the daytime by evening Longview seems to cool way down and this is an outdoor arena.

Don't forget to watch the CBR on RFD-TV on Wednesday nights.Check your local listings for the correct time in your own time zone. I'll have my DVR on recording it as we have our weekly practice pen every Wednesday and it has turned into  a 3 and a half hour event with about 200 spectators just for a practice pen. It cuts into my watching the CBR so I sure am grateful for my DVR.

No comments: